It's my birthday on Tuesday! YAY last year of my 20's! So responsible. Much saving.
Birthday on a dime: First, we budget $10/paycheck to Date Night. So we have $40/month for this, and we used some on some emergency Burger King. It happens. So my mission was to get a real night out on the cheap, and here's how I'll do it!
Budget: $30
Actual planned spending: $21.50
I resigned up for Groupon. I had gotten off because, as a super deal hunter, it was tempting me with deals I didn't need. One things about getting stuff cheap is that when you see a deal, you have to know that "too good to pass up" does not mean you can't actually pass it up! Took me a long time to learn that!
Not sure if its coincidence, but I got this email:
And in searching for a restaurant, found a deal at Kitchen 67 for "Meal for Two: Two Burgers, and Two Beer Flights with Four 5oz. Samples" WHAT the four samples are I HAVE NO IDEA but I'm excited. This was $21.50- less $10= $11.50 for a nice dinner for two. With SAMPLES! WooT!
Then because we had a baby in April, we NEVER got to see Avengers: Infinity War! NO SPOILERS its so hard to avoid spoilers when on the internet so much while feeding!
BOOM cheap theater, matinee, $10 for both of us.
That leaves $9.50 for... oh my gosh WHO KNOWS WHAT so many things... probably expensive Starbucks coffee cause it makes me feel rich again ;)
PS here's today's Groupon coupon:
Birthday on a dime: First, we budget $10/paycheck to Date Night. So we have $40/month for this, and we used some on some emergency Burger King. It happens. So my mission was to get a real night out on the cheap, and here's how I'll do it!
Budget: $30
Actual planned spending: $21.50
I resigned up for Groupon. I had gotten off because, as a super deal hunter, it was tempting me with deals I didn't need. One things about getting stuff cheap is that when you see a deal, you have to know that "too good to pass up" does not mean you can't actually pass it up! Took me a long time to learn that!
Not sure if its coincidence, but I got this email:
And in searching for a restaurant, found a deal at Kitchen 67 for "Meal for Two: Two Burgers, and Two Beer Flights with Four 5oz. Samples" WHAT the four samples are I HAVE NO IDEA but I'm excited. This was $21.50- less $10= $11.50 for a nice dinner for two. With SAMPLES! WooT!
Then because we had a baby in April, we NEVER got to see Avengers: Infinity War! NO SPOILERS its so hard to avoid spoilers when on the internet so much while feeding!
BOOM cheap theater, matinee, $10 for both of us.
That leaves $9.50 for... oh my gosh WHO KNOWS WHAT so many things... probably expensive Starbucks coffee cause it makes me feel rich again ;)
PS here's today's Groupon coupon:



Comments
Post a Comment